Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I think myself 'stupid' to say it, but until recently I had never been into reading. I enjoyed the occassional latest-greatest fiction novel, but I had never developed a keen interest in the likes of Emerson, Steinbeck, Camus, Churchill and others until now. It brought me to the realization that a person develops their own mind and principles through acquiring knowledge; transforming that information into wisdom. Ralph Waldo Emerson said these words,
"Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles."
I believe that he is speaking of action, for acquired knowledge of wisdom only has meaningful value through action or deliberate inaction.

1 comment:

"Honestus" - Raymond Charles said...

This comment is in response to a K-SraSra request to elaborate further on my closing comments.

I believe a person's principles are developed over time in retrospect of struggle, hardship, thought and action. Further explained, my actions portray the firmness of belief in my own principles. Saying one thing and doing another shows that the principle is, shall I say, only skin deep.

Mr. Emerson's quote speaks volumes to me in that there is profound peace not in having principles, but living them.