Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In tribute to all things Swiss, we turn to the Founder of Analytic Psychology, Dr. Carl Gustav. He is best known for his pioneering work of dream analysis.
The unconscious mind of man sees correctly even when conscious reason is blind and impotent.
Inside, I know what is right and what is wrong. Why does my mind try to always be right? It fights my heart and soul. I need to master my mind. It is only a tool that I've been given. If i can control my mind, I can control myself. My conscious tells me, listen.

2 comments:

k_sra said...

Those crazy Swiss and their "dream recognition" and "swiss cheese" and "wooden clogs"... oh wait, that's the Netherlands. But anyways, I never really cottoned to that whole "Your dreams are your mind's true reality" crap. Only because I know the brain is trying to add two and two all the time so any random images or ideas can get lumped together and made to "mean something." And maybe I just feel that way because even when my dreams do have meaning, they have never clarified anything for me in my waking life. If anything they tend to cloud my judgement and emotions and leave me more vulnerable. I tried writing my dreams down for half a year. That journal frightens me to pieces when I reread it. I have no idea what to make of my dreams. They don't help me, which is what this particular Swiss guy wanted them to do.

"Honestus" - Raymond Charles said...

i didn't take Gustav's quote to be related to dreams and dreaming is reality crap. =p It was coincidental that he happened to be the dream analyzer.

i chose it because i believe there is a greater force, an unconscious mind, within us directing our thoughts, decisions and action. too often though, we choose not to listen to the 'unconscious' resulting in the 'real me' to be blind and impotent.